Sunday, December 7, 2008

Vintage wedding.

Theming our wedding has been one incredibly difficult aspect of the planning we are able to do this early. I always wanted a vintagey-country feel, but I really didnt want to be forced into having a pastel theme. I employed the same colour 'rules' with my wedding theme as I have with my own styling. That being- no pastels for a redheaded translucent skinned Emily. This probably isnt necessary as I will be wearing the lightest colour of all and it will be up to my 'ladies in waiting' to don the puffy pastel-ness. However, I think I have a conclusion... I want antique looking roses in birdcages for the centrepieces, thats really country-ish... Im thinking a dusty purple for the bridesmaids!
I have decided, despite my love for the country and pastel roses that the theme of our wedding is going to be my grandma and grandpa. We are getting married on the same day as they did, and I deffinately want a traditional wedding with a 1950s feel :)


No comments: