Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesday the 9th of December.

Since becoming engaged I have wondered many times about my own sanity. From what i read on weddingbee this is normal, and I feel that at such a stressful time in the brides life any crime committed in a mass of tulle or ribbon should be completely forgiven. I have only been engaged for four months and seven days but based on the events of this short time, I can see myself becoming a 'bridezilla'. I genuinely hate that term, its overused and really the only individuals accusing others of behaving like a 'bridezilla' would be those who are either men, never married women or women who can't remember how stressful trying to create the perfect day really is!
So far I have bought a dress and decided against wearing it, drifted between not wanting a reception at all and wanting the historic courthouse resturaunt at cleveland point. Ive wanted purple and green, all black, all white, pastels and rainbow as our wedding colours, and Ive adjusted our theme countless times. This may be considered the past-time of a 'bridezilla'. Or it may just be the activities of an eighteen year old fiance who never wants to regret anything about her wedding day. Ultimately I know that it wont matter whether I have a vintage 50s theme or a country england theme - what matters is marrying my bestfriend of 5 years on the day my grandparents married, 56 years before. This is, by far my favourite wedding 'detail'.

No comments: