Saturday, August 22, 2009

Damn Eve!

Menstration.
Its a horrible word, the connotations of which often make my stomach clench and forces me to count how many days are left untill I have to endure it again. I had a completely normal period for about two years. However, when I was 15 I got my period at school and thought nothing of it untill I started to get the worst cramps of my life! I went to the sick room to go home, and my two friends Angela and Jo came with me. I had to get Angela to do all the talking because I couldnt speak due to the pain. Then soething happened that had not happened due to my period up untill that time, but was a constant from then on.

I threw up.
There were lots of buckets in the sick room and I grabbed one quickly and vomited.
When I got home It happened about 3 more times.
It was so gross.
Ever since then Ive been vomiting probably 70% of the times I get my period.
My record is 9 times in about 2 hours.
ve been put on Naprogesic and Ponstan and both stopped working after awhile.

So now im on...


Levlen Ed... The Pill.
I only started yesterday.

Ive always thought it was completely unnatural and to be avoided at all costs, but I also knew that there was no way I was going to risk getting those cramps on my wedding day! So, all along I knew Id be going on it around January 2010. Ive started it early because the Ponstan stopped working. I hate the thought of controlling something that God created for us to endure... but then I also have the thought of... well, he created doctors etc to invent medicine and maybe for people like me its ok? I dont know... all I know is that that pain is TERRIBLE, and I can't keep going home from work because of it.

So, Im on the pill.
I just really hope its not like 'playing God'.
I suppose intentions have to be considered too, and I do have a pretty good reason to be on it.
Any thoughts?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I just wanted to give you my two cents. =) I don't think there is anything wrong with modern medicine and taking Birth Control. I feel like God gave man modern medicine and technology to improve our lives. It really is a blessing. There are some things in life that were created for evil, but others for good. There is opposition in all things i guess. We have a cousin who passed away last year to cancer. It was a very small and non-dangerous type that could have been removed and controlled immediately. He chose to go all natural instead. Unfortunately, nature took it's course and he passed away recently as the cancer spread. I am a STRONG believer in medicine. as long as it is used for the right purposes. Do not feel guilty! If it is improving and blessing your life, you can be happy about that.

Emily Grace said...

Thanks Natalie! That makes me feel better. :)