Monday, October 13, 2008

Proposal

I love talking about my wedding planning etc.
So I will write this story down here before I forget it, because I find myself forgetting bits of it all the time.
Ok, So for the previous week Andrew managed to convince me and then unconvince me repeatedly that I would have a diamond by Saturday the 2nd of August.
First he would say ' we should both get the night off' and id get all excited and then he'd say' oh, it doesn't really matter'. So I woke up on Saturday morning confused and slightly annoyed. But I chose to think of it as a relaxing day with Andrew, and I thought that if that was all I got out of it, it wouldnt be wasted at all!
So he picked me up on Saturday morning and we went to wynnum. We went to a second hand bookshop and I bought a book Ive been wanting for ages. Then we went for a walk along the waterfront.
As we were getting out of the car, I followed andrew to the boot because he 'had to put something away' he stood there with the boot open for ages untill I walked away! haha. While we were walking Andrew kept making me do things like climbing childrens play equipment, swinging on the swings and standing in different positions. It must not have seemed right to him because next thing I knew we were back in the car, going to visit Matthew. This made me think he wasnt going to propose that day- who goes to his friend's house before he proposes to his girlfriend? We were there for awhile, during which time Andrew spilled all his lemon lime and bitters on his gear stick and steering wheel.
After leaving Matt we drove to Hawthorne and got on a city cat. We got off the city cat at southbank, bought some lollies and walked all the way across the bridge to the botanical gardens. We sat up a tree for awhile, and this is where I thought he was going to do it- I would have loved to be proposed to in a tree!
We got out of the tree when these strange men started looking at un as though we were the strange ones. We made our way back across the bridge, went to boost and then got back on the city cat. So, basically it was 3:00 and still no proposal.

So, we got back in the car and drove to my house... I think I fell asleep on the way. Anyway, I knew we were going to the courthouse resturaunt that night so we got changed and sat on my bed for awhile. We talked about Mel and Rhys wedding, which was the next saturday and I said that I hope I dont get really jealous that Im not engaged, while watching their wedding. Andrew said " you wont". :) Anyway, Andrew wanted to pray, and Id never done that with him before, so I was kind of nervous but I did it anyway. We went to the courthouse resturaunt and it was really yum- except for the cocktail Andrew made me drink- Chocolate Bunny :( Its sad that it has such a nice name.I think I just hate alcahol.

Andrew got a text message halfway through our dinner from Ben, and he texted back saying that I was getting drunk- I deffinately wasnt!We got up and paid, and Andrew spent AGES in the toilet. We drove to one of the little raby bay beaches and I really didnt want to get out because it was so dark, but I did anyway. There was a funny little man with a bag of what looked like orange peels walking along the path...It was kind of like he was a murderer disposing of the evidence.
We walked to the beach and then Andrew said he had to run back and 'take off his shoes'. We were standing on the beach (we could only tell it was the beach because it felt like sand- couldnt see a thing!) and Andrew said " I love you" and I said " I love you too".
Then there was a long gap and I thought, ok he'll do it soon. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" at that I though, hes DEFFINATELY going to do it. Then he got down on one knee, though I could hardly see what he was doing. I was smiling so hard now, and he said "Will you marry me". :):):)I can't remember what I said straight away, but I do remember saying YES. Although Apparently he didnt hear because after lots of hugging he said "So, that's a 'yes', right?" We had to run back to the car so I could see the ring and it is the best one I've ever seen. I couldn't have chosen a better one.

We rang my mum first, and then his... his mums reaction was 'thats odd'. She wanted to know where Andrew got the money from-haha. We rang my dad next, and then All our friends. Afterwards Andrew informs me that he'd decided if I didnt pray with him he wasn't going to do it that day... :) lucky I did!This day was the best ever! I love my ring!

No comments: